Saturday, July 16, 2011

Moving Prep 101

The Kitchen

OK, it's time to get serious about this moving thing. Maybe you can relate or  know someone in the same situation.

I know I'm moving, I know the general location, but nothing specific. I don't know when, but probably in the next several months. 

So where do I start- The Kitchen. I'll just give you short updates of what I do every couple of days. You may even want to join me- just let me know what you are doing. I'd love to hear about it and know others are sharing the experience.

Use up the food!

The packers can't take it anyway, so why not use it up and save money too.

Last night I made a Lemon Strussel Coffee Cake to have for breakfast today. I had all the ingredients to take to a special Ladies function, but they were still in the pantry. The leftovers I froze into servings for the two of us.

For lunch I had ate leftovers from the refrigerator. Fast and good. Even though we've been traveling nothing has spoiled yet.


   



1 comment:

  1. We are preparing to move too. We have bought our first home after 23 years in the military. Today is July 16 and our packers come on August 16. And for the first time in 23 years, I have not started anything yet. The garage is by far the worst area. It just seems so overwhelming that I just keep putting it off. Where do I even start? And... my husband does not have much time to help and here in New Mexico it is so hot you cannot work in the middle of the day. I have already started using up the foods in our refrigerator and freezer. The pantry items I can take with me. So any suggestions? Thanks for your Christian blog. Also, I actually met you in one of your classes at the PWOC International Conference in Dallas last year.

    ReplyDelete