Friday, February 17, 2012

Who I Was, Is Not Who I Am


Saying goodbye yet one more time
But as we get on the road
I know Christ will lighten the load.
Is there hope for new friendships?
Is there joy and when things look glum?
And you’d just like to stick out your tongue?
It helps to smile a while
Look at pictures of all the good times.
Times of joy, of fun and games,
Times when it didn’t seem like it always rained.
There is hope for friendships new;
I must wait
Expect His gates to open when the time is right.
He will bring it to pass, maybe not this fortnight,
But when He knows that I can be true.
Each time heartaches comes
A new lesson is to be learned
Or a bad habit big needs to be turned
It’s time to face my fears.
Look them in the eye
And not sit and wonder why?
What am I afraid of? Is it true?
No matter what, God will see you through.

Sometimes I just have to try something new, start doing it- putting pictures on the thumb drive, getting copies made at Wal-Mart, learning to use to the zoom and crop features, calling a company for information.

These things actually make me feel good about my self and the present. They take away the gloom. All these things I didn’t have time for when I was so busy this year, but now things have slowed down a bit.

Several friends have moved away and another will go soon. It is time to refocus, see what God has in store next. I’m getting together with a new group of ladies in a few days.

My husband has been encouraging me to write. Now is the time to get the ideas down in writing. I’ll take his encouragement as coming from God to lead me to new discoveries about who God wants me to be now.

I am not who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment