Monday, December 12, 2011

The King is Coming

Then by golly, you’d better start reading God’s Word!
‘Cause there’s hope to be found in this coming event;
It’s the day that poor devil would like to prevent!
The King is coming! I cannot wait to be…
Guilt, pain, tear, fear, doubt and suffering free!
Our time here is short! Excited are we not?
To leave this ‘ol world where our treasures can rot?
And anxious we are to leave this ol’ body
Which we constantly battle the urge to be naughty!
The King is coming! Are you prepared?
There’s no need to be frightened or scared.
The gift that you need to set your soul free
Is yours for the taking 100% free (for those who believe).
A crown of righteousness is waiting for all-
Whose hope is in Jesus and in the day when He calls.
The King is coming! I can hardly wait!
I’m ready right NOW, when I’m usually late!
My head is lifted up! My gate is open wide!
I am standing at my door and waiting with pride!
Oh King of Glory! I’m bursting with joy!
You’re coming! You’re coming! O’ boy! O’ boy!
By a Daughter of the King 

No comments:

Post a Comment